2020 has been a YEAR, to say the least…
However, we all (hopefully) learned a lot, about the world, the people around us, and ourselves.
- Stretch. Even if it’s only a couple minutes a day, your body is your home, you should treat it kindly.
- Don’t dull your shine for anyone. Stars don’t fight for attention in the night sky.
- Use your voice! Stand up for what you believe in, fight for what’s right.
- Read. It’s so easy to waste the day away on social media consuming everyone else’s energy, it’s good to disconnect for a bit.
- Invest in Blue Light Lenses. We are looking at screens more and more and you need to protect your eyes!
- Family can be toxic. and it’s okay to put yourself first.
- Shop Small. This has been a tough year for everyone and there are so many amazing creatives out there!
- SLOW down. There is so much to appreciate all around you and even tho the world seems to be moving so fast, you can slow your mind!
- Get a planner. The organization has hit an all-time high during 2020 but why stop at your pantry when you can organize your whole life.
- Sleep is important. I never had a “set” bedtime but adding a wind-down routine to my nights improved my sleep quality by lightyears.
All of these things I have taken for granted for a long long time. I’ve learned minimizing myself doesn’t help anyone and being authentically me doesn’t hurt anyone either. I hope you all learned to hug YOURSELF a little tighter this year since we couldn’t really hug anyone else. I hope you found your shine, I hope you believe you are beautiful just the way you are, and I hope you learned you are worthy of everything that is coming your way. I hope you learned sharing your blessings is more important than receiving them.